Read chapter in full: www.biblegateway.com/passage/?version=ESV&search=Numbers+028
Numbers Chapter 28 (ESV)
1 The Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 2 “Command the people of Israel and say to them, ‘My offering, my food for my food offerings, my pleasing aroma, you shall be careful to offer to me at its appointed time.’ 3 And you shall say to them, This is the food offering that you shall offer to the Lord: two male lambs a year old without blemish, day by day, as a regular offering. 4 The one lamb you shall offer in the morning, and the other lamb you shall offer at twilight; 5 also a tenth of an ephah of fine flour for a grain offering, mixed with a quarter of a hin of beaten oil. 6 It is a regular burnt offering, which was ordained at Mount Sinai for a pleasing aroma, a food offering to the Lord. 7 Its drink offering shall be a quarter of a hin for each lamb. In the Holy Place you shall pour out a drink offering of strong drink to the Lord. 8 The other lamb you shall offer at twilight. Like the grain offering of the morning, and like its drink offering, you shall offer it as a food offering, with a pleasing aroma to the Lord.
9 “On the Sabbath day, two male lambs a year old without blemish, and two tenths of an ephah of fine flour for a grain offering, mixed with oil, and its drink offering: 10 this is the burnt offering of every Sabbath, besides the regular burnt offering and its drink offering.
- Read this passage carefully as if I was to make the offering myself.
- God commanded the people of Israel to provide daily burnt offerings. The people followed God’s specific instructions concerning every detail of preparing the offerings for God and conducting services of worship.
- We must not be absent-minded or careless when we worship God, either in our preparations for or our manner of service. Nor should we worship only as we choose. We must be prepared day or night to offer to worship according to God’s direction. Constancy and repetition are keys to success in spiritual growth.
- What serves as a daily reminder of what God has done for me? Select a meaningful object or develop a regular habit as a reminder or symbol of God’s grace for me.
- What kind of emotions do I bring to the Sunday worship service? What special things do I do on Sunday to remind me of what God has done for me?
- How do these things help to strengthen my relationship with God?
- Review the things God has done in my life. Choose one or two items to reflect. Wait until my heart is filled with gratitude, then pray aloud to offer my thanksgiving to God.